How would you feel if you’d poured your heart and soul into creating marketing content, only for it to end up stagnant and unnoticed?
What would you do if your audience didn’t respond, despite all the time and effort you’ve taken in coming up with fresh insights to promote your business?It sucks, quite frankly! It’s not only discouraging – it can be damaging for your brand too. When we do content marketing, we want people to interact, read, listen, watch and act.
To help you, here’s how to create content that increases engagement.
Prefer to listen, rather than read? Here’s the Podcast summary!
What is content engagement?
Content engagement refers to the level of involvement and interaction your audience has with your brand’s content.
Most of the time, content engagement is measured through the number of views, shares, likes or comments generated by your consumers.But the most important of all is conversions (of course) – how many people were inspired to call, buy or book an appointment which led to a sale.
For more information, read Is Content Marketing Worth It?
Why is low customer engagement a problem?
– Inefficiencies with the use of your resources
– Lower brand recognition
– Lower leads
– Even trolling
Most of all, it causes your audience to become bored with your brand – and no one wants that. EVER.
What are some reasons for low content engagement?
– not understanding your audience enough
– failing to provide a relevant topic
– you lack something that piques their interest
– providing too much information that’s not helpful enough
– focusing too much on you and not on them
No one is perfect and Content Marketing isn’t always an exact science – so being aware of low engagement is the first step towards making a change for the better.
Being aware of low engagement is the crucial first step towards making a change.
Why is content engagement important, then?
- Content engagement is really a two-way communication with your audience.
- You’ll be able to see their responses, listen to their concerns and answer their questions, which in turn, can build a long-term relationship with them.
- Having consistent, quality engagement with people helps increase their interest and awareness around what you’re doing.
- Content engagement makes you more visible to search engines, therefore giving you more opportunities to be found by users.
This means that it’s worth investing in ways to improve audience engagement because it can result in more conversions and higher returns.
Read: 7 Ways To Ensure Your Content Is Engaging, Relevant And Fresh
How to increase content engagement
Here are some of our top tips:
- Make your content interactive. Creating interactive content invites your audience to participate. It makes them feel more involved and gives them guidance on how to act, which can encourage them in an exciting way! This can include liking the post, answering a question, sharing the content or leaving a comment.
You can even make your content interactive by putting up polls, surveys, quizzes or interactive infographics.
- Use videos and photos. Multimedia is what catches an audience’s attention the most.
Since people today have a limited attention span (around 8 seconds), using photos, videos and informative podcasts can easily help them digest your content. This keeps them engaged because you’re providing content on their terms.
- Encourage people to share their opinions.Everyone loves a good story.
Use this to your advantage. Tell a relatable one that will provide comfort and support to your audience. Then, ask them to share their own stories so that they can also get involved.
- Ask debatable or thought-provoking questions.Craft pieces of content using topics that your audience will be passionate about. This will ignite their interest and encourage them to do more than just read what your content is about.
To further engage them, ask a thought-provoking question or set a challenge that they can’t refuse or spark a debate that will keep them involved.
- Post at the right time.Post your content at a peak time in which most of your users are online. This way, it has a better chance of going viral with everyone being active at once. For example, wait for the daily commute times around 7am and 6pm Monday to Thursday.
- Provide rewards for engagement.As mentioned earlier, content engagement is a two-way communication street. For your audience to continuously interact with you, ensure that you also do your part in keeping the conversation going.
Reply to their comments, answer their questions or provide some freebies to those who constantly share your content online. It’s very rewarding for people when their interaction is acknowledged.
- User Generated Content UGC (or User Generated Content) is where your brand opens up the opportunity for your audience to create their own content for your brand. This is always highly popular and your audience will get excited. Run a competition for people to share their own moments with your brand and then share the best ones. It’s a win/win for you both.
Now that you’re aware of some of the ways in which you can improve your target audience’s interest and interaction with your brand – how are you going to make a change?
All you need to do next is just to get it done.
For more information, read: What Copywriting Content Offers Your Current Customers and Your Business.
Ok, it’s your business’ turn!
However, we know how challenging it is, especially if you have other urgent matters that require your attention. Luckily, you can always rely on freelance copywriting experts to assist you if you’re finding it hard to produce engaging content on your own.
How to hire the right Copywriting Services
You may lack the time, the ability and resources to do what needs to be done. But this shouldn’t stop you! There are professional copywriting services offered by many local freelance copywriters who can cater to whatever your business needs.
Quality freelance copywriters with Marketing backgrounds are quality content writers who can help you create and refresh the right types of content (audio, visual or written) for your business through their expertise and experience.They offer various benefits without the ongoing costs of a full-time employee.
See: How to hire a copywriter – the 7 steps your business should take.
A copywriter can produce engaging content while you focus on the bigger picture.
So, while creating engaging content is extremely important for your company, you don’t always have time to do it yourself. It’s best to reach out for help.
Since content writing is a professional specialty, you can guarantee that quality copywriters are versatile when it comes to incorporating your marketing strategy.
Furthermore, freelance copywriters understand the role copywriting plays in digital marketing success (i.e. website copy, social media copy, blogs, articles, SEO, SEM, etc.), which is important in unlocking numerous opportunities for your business.Just make sure you pick the right copywriter!
How Can Melotti Media Help You?
But you don’t have to worry!
At Melotti Media, we can assist you with your content marketing needs while you focus on what matters most to you – growing your business.
Let’s start getting the results your business deserves!
For more information or to speak to a trusted copywriter, contact us now at email@example.com
We can sharpen your words to achieve your goals today!