Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy that utilises email to build and foster relationships with potential customers and current clients. It works by offering ongoing value through information.
However, getting results is no easy task. People hate spam and pushy emails that crowd their inboxes and waste their time.
Instead, you must create compelling and value–adding messages to ensure your emails are opened, read and resonate with them.
Here’s how a copywriter can produce an email marketing campaign that appeals to your audience and provides significant improvements to your overall brand strategy.
Let’s get to know email marketing better.
- Electronic Direct Mail (or EDM): It involves building an email database of customers and prospects, and then directly sending them timely, relevant emails which keep your brand in front of your audience until they are ready.
- Email newsletters: If your goal is to develop and strengthen relationships with customers, email newsletters are great. They usually feature relevant articles, infographics or tips that are interesting and useful to your audience.
- Transactional emails: Transactional emails are sent when people take specific actions (such as signing up for something), to guide them through every stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Direct emails: Do you want to offer new products, promoting offers or increasing your sales numbers? These direct emails are good for delivering deals and promotions to encourage more sales.
- Autoresponder emails: Do you want to focus on other important aspects of your business? These automated emails are sent out to people who have chosen to subscribe. They are designed in a pre-decided order and frequency, and triggered by certain events such as when someone downloads a free guide or abandons their online shopping cart.
Email marketing enables your business to connect with your audience and nurture them into becoming loyal customers.
Aside from these obvious and long-term factors, it also provides additional benefits to your marketing team and overall business too.
What are the advantages of using email marketing?
Firstly, email software and CRM platforms are now easily accessible to automate the delivery of your emails. They also allow tracking to monitor your email campaigns easily.
Secondly, when compared to other forms of advertising, sending emails is cheap and really simple.
There’s no need for overflowing designs, physical collateral and time-consuming planning in email marketing. Instead, you need a knack for words to create a message that compels and sells at the same time.
A copywriter can help you write emails that attract attention, gain further business’ traction and motivate users to respond to your call to action.
For more, see: Newsletter and Email Writing Services
Why do you need a copywriter for your email marketing?
A copywriter does so much more than this. A copywriter is a marketing professional who transforms your brand’s true essence into words which add value and provide solutions for your consumers.
Through a copywriter’s passion, comprehensive research and flair for writing, you can facilitate a powerful message that will prompt your audience to open and read your email campaigns – encouraging them to respond positively.
To demonstrate, here are the reasons why you need a copywriter for your email marketing:
1. A copywriter can write striking and relevant subject lines that attract attention.
A subject line can make a big difference between people reading your email or deleting it and reporting as spam. A copywriter knows how to get the gist of your entire message and convert it into a subject line that seizes people’s interest, increasing the chances of your email getting viewed.
2. A copywriter knows the proper email structure and aligns it to your overall marketing strategy.
When a copywriter handles your email marketing, you can rest assured that your emails have a logical flow and are correct both in grammar and spelling. A copywriter also works on putting direction to your email content, so that it doesn’t contradict your overall marketing strategy.
For more, read: Why You Should Hire A Copywriter Who Knows Content Strategy
A copywriter has the unique expertise of using the right tone and choosing the right words to appeal to people’ emotions. Through their needs and preferences, a copywriter can also personalise emails to enhance the recipients’ experience with your brand.
For more, read: 5 Reasons Why Good Copywriting Can Generate Leads For Your Business
4. A copywriter incorporates your email marketing goals and makes sure you achieve them.
A copywriter takes your objectives into consideration when writing your emails. Whether you just want to inform, offer a promo or create auto–responses – you can guarantee that your copywriter’s content will naturally deliver this.
5. A copywriter promotes calls to action effectively.
A call to action is the most important part of your email marketing campaign, as this is what motivates your consumers to convert. A copywriter is capable of using words to make consumers sense urgency and realise that they need your business to solve their pain points.
To get the most out of email marketing, a copywriter ensures your emails grab and sustain people’s interest – starting from the subject line to the content, up until they reach your call to action.
Just make sure to pick the right copywriter, though!
Ok, it’s your business’ turn!
However, we know how challenging it is, especially if you have other urgent matters that require your attention. Luckily, you can always rely on freelance copywriting experts to assist you if you’re finding it hard to write emails on your own.
How to hire the right copywriting services?
You may lack the time, the ability and resources to do what needs to be done. But this shouldn’t stop you! There are professional copywriting services who can cater to whatever your business needs.
Quality freelance copywriters with Marketing backgrounds are quality content writers who can help you create the right types of content (audio, visual or written) for your business through their expertise and experience.
They offer various benefits without the ongoing costs of a full-time employee.
See: How to hire a copywriter – the 7 steps your business should take.
A copywriter can produce engaging email content while you focus on the bigger picture.
So, while email marketing is extremely important for your brand, you don’t always have time to do it yourself. It’s best to reach out for help.
Since email marketing is a professional specialty, you can guarantee that quality copywriters are versatile when it comes to incorporating your marketing strategy.
Furthermore, freelance copywriters understand the role copywriting plays in digital marketing success (i.e. website copy, social media copy, blogs, articles, SEO, SEM, etc.), which is important in unlocking numerous opportunities for your business.
How can Melotti Media help you with EDMs and Email Content?
But you don’t have to worry!
At Melotti Media, we can assist you with your content marketing needs while you focus on what matters most to you – growing your business.
Let’s start getting the results your business deserves!
For more information or to speak to a trusted copywriter, contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can sharpen your words to achieve your goals today!