Why? Because crafting an effective marketing message gives your brand tangibility by communicating with your target audience in a way they understand, can relate to, and find value in.
The success of your overall marketing lies in your ability to deliver this key message across all channels.To help, here’s a guide on how to develop an effective marketing message strategy for your brand.
What is a marketing message?
It may be long-standing, like Nike’s “Just Do It”, a temporary seasonal message, or both. Regardless of how you use it, it’s about using compelling words and phrases to connect with an ideal customer, engage their interest and inspire positive action.What practise of developing this message is called Message Marketing.
What is a marketing message made up of?
- Positioning statement
- Supporting messages
- Your marketing copy
What is a positioning statement?
Most often, a positioning statement is declarative and direct to the point. Since all marketing activities are rooted in your key message, your positioning statement must be adaptable to your different marketing communication types – allowing it to be utilised on product descriptions, sales presentations, digital content or press releases.
Melotti Media’s positioning statement is:
Our content copywriting services help you engage audiences, inspire action and achieve results (and make you look amazing!).
Examples of core positioning statements:
What are supporting messages?
The supporting points work on satisfying consumers’ curiosity as to how your products are better than competitors and in what way you can make their lives better. These claims enable your positioning statement to be more credible and relatable.
Melotti Media’s supporting message is:
We’re so much more than copywriters. We’re Message Marketers.
We use words + marketing strategy to make brands relevant.
Examples of supporting messages:
- Amazon Australia: Huge Selection and Low Prices. Free Delivery on Eligible Orders. Shop online for Electronics, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Toys, Books, DVDs, Sporting Goods, Beauty & more.
- Uber Australia: Good things happen when people can move, whether across town or toward their dreams. Opportunities appear, open up, become reality. What started as a way to tap a button to get a ride has led to billions of moments of human connection as people around the world go all kinds of places in all kinds of ways with the help of our technology.
- Commonwealth Bank: We’re Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services, including retail, premium, business and institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and share-broking products and services.
- Deloitte Australia: Deloitte is the brand under which thousands of professionals collaborate across a network of offices in Australia to provide audit, economics, financial advisory, human capital, tax and technology services.
- Woolworths Group: Woolworths Group is made up of some of the most recognisable and trusted brands in retailing, serving millions of customers every day with great choice.
What is marketing copy?
For more, read What is copywriting?
Melotti Media’s marketing copy is what you’re reading right now, everything on this website and everything else we do!
What is a marketing message strategy?
This involves making sure you’re using your marketing message consistently across all of your business’ communication channels so you’re building a consistent story and image.
Working as the foundation of promotional campaigns, a well-planned marketing message strategy allows you to easily connect with your target audience in a relatable and consistent way, so they are receptive in acknowledging your brand.
What are the types of marketing message strategies?
Here are 6 common marketing message strategies:
3. Brand Image
5. Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
When it comes to pre-emptive marketing message strategy, it does not matter if your competitors are doing the same thing, just as long as you get to be the number one to tell your audience about it.
Tips to develop a marketing message strategy
Incorporating these tips can help you:1. Be customer-centric by using your audience’ perspective.
This will help in understanding their concerns and knowing how to address them – both logically and emotionally.
For more, read: What Is Your Customer Finding About Your Business?
2. Be straightforward.
Your strategy must focus on crafting marketing messages that are short but powerful and on point.
When crafting your positioning statement and supporting messages, avoid using jargon that only you understand. However, give your copy a unique tone by avoiding stereotypical and generic messages.
For more, read: 15 Mistakes To Avoid When Creating Marketing Content
4. Be diligent in repeating your message.
Repetition allows you to secure your position. For a marketing message to work, you have to make sure your audience will be able to remember it. That’s why it’s recommended for a marketing message strategy to last for at least 18 months.
Equipping your business with a marketing message strategy to support your campaigns, promotions and content can create more coherent and consistent marketing.
Coming up with this kind of strategy, however, is not as easy as it seems.Aside from the time and resources you need to invest, you must also have the right skills, experience and marketing expertise to do it effectively.
Luckily, you can always rely on freelance copywriting experts to professionally assist you if you’re finding it hard to build a marketing message strategy on your own.
How can Melotti Media help you?
However, you may find that you’re time-poor and spread thin or you still have a lot of unanswered questions.
But you don’t need to worry!
At Melotti Media, we can assist with all your message marketing and copywriting needs while you focus on what matters most to you – growing your business.
Let’s start earning the results your business deserves!
To speak to your trusted message marketers and copywriters, email us at email@example.comWe can sharpen your words to achieve your goals today!
The Melotti Media Team
Melotti Media | Copywriting & Message Marketing Bureau